Tuesday, December 13, 2011

We're Ready!

It's December 13th. 12 days until Christmas. 7 days until Noah's tonsillectomy. 1 day before Holiday Pops concerts start and I spend every evening performing. 4 days before kids are home from school for two weeks. Lots to do as we come down to the final stretch of the holidays.

Believe it or not, I think we're ready. I really have no way to anticipate recovery time for Noah so I finished shopping and wrapping presents last week so I won't have to deal with that next week. The tree is up and beautiful. We had a wonderful family gathering last weekend where we actually got a picture for the first time ever of our large blended family, including 13 grandkids all looking forward and smiling at the camera. Christmas performances at church and school are done and class party supplies are purchased and sent to school.

Aaron is excited about his solo sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's house while Noah goes in for his surgery. I have a few little gifties for Noah to help him stay quiet during recovery. I have heard various suggestions about what soft foods to have on hand so I will pick those up this weekend. Aaron got his tonsils out when he was two and doesn't remember so it was a very different experience than it will be this time around.

I know it will go well. I really like this ENT...the same one that did all three of Aaron's procedures when he was a baby. I am glad that we are getting this done since I know it will bring better health to our entire household. Noah is a little nervous, but right now he is more excited that he gets a new video game for his recovery.

So I think we're ready for the surgery....and for Christmas.

Now all we need is some snow. Michigan needs a White Christmas!

No comments: