Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: Things That Make Me Smile

With all the Doom and Gloom I've been spewing lately, I figure it is time to portray a cheerful demeanor today, no matter what. I was just sitting here balancing (for lack of better word) the checkbook and looking outside at a sunny morning and listening to the birds. With less than two weeks before school, we're on borrowed time for the hullabaloo, especially when I STILL don't know for sure where Aaron will go to school. But I've been so stressed that I haven't been appreciating every moment I have.

I know this seems random, but that's kind of my state of mind at the moment.

13 Things that make me smile

1. Watching my boys try something for the first time

2. Watching my boys ACHIEVE something for the first time (very different from number one)

3. Listening to my boys actually play together with REAL communication

4. A laundry free basement floor

5. A call or email from my husband signed "IRLY"

6. A day free from dog poop or pee in the house

7. Answered prayer

8. Walking the dog when she is actually walking and not pulling/biting on the leash

9. Ice cream

10. Devotions with the four of us before bed

11. Singing

12. When I see major improvement in a piano student's playing and knowing that I had a hand in it

13. When my boys come to me and say, "Mom, we haven't had enough hugs yet today to be healthy" (Our goal is seven per person per day)

While writing this list, I actually came up with a whole bunch more. Maybe I should make this a Thursday thing for awhile. I think it would do me good to focus on the things that are going well.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Kila said...

Your list made me smile :)