Friday, August 27, 2010

My First Attempt

Yes, most people's first attempt at crocheting clothes is usually for a child. I have always been afraid to try anything but afghans. Deb taught me how to crochet back in college and I have dabbled with afghans off and one through the years since.

The other night though when I took Lily out for her last potty chance, I noticed the little thing was shivering like crazy. So I came inside and decided to see if I could actually make something that would work. I have4 piles of old yarn lying around, as swell as random hooks all over. So I went on the Internet to see if I could find a simple freebie pattern.

I found several and sat down to try my hand at puppy sweaters last night.

About an hour and a half or so later, I had something.

Not sure if it was going to work or not.

While we were eating lunch today I decided to try it.

I couldn't quite figure out how to get it on her and I through it aside, giving up.

Noah, however, was not to be deterred and insisted that he could do it.

With a little finagling and a less than thrilled pomchi, it worked.

And I think it's pretty cute if I do say so myself.

I think getting it off of her is going to be another matter though. And I wonder if she will run away panicked next time I bring it out, after the wrestling match we had this time around.

No comments: