Monday, August 30, 2010

400th Post

Good morning.

As I sit here, there are messes all around, laundry piling up, dishes waiting to be put away, bills to be sent, papers to be notarized, calls to be made.

And what am I doing?

Sitting here. Doing nothing.

And actually I think it's okay. School starts next week and we will go back to having a clean house again. And clean laundry.

And as of this writing, I know not either what school my children will be attending, nor what GRADE Aaron will be in. A long story that I won't go into, but nevertheless driving me crazy. Hopefully more answers will come today.

The real reason for this post is to say after all of my bellyaching about last weekend, this one was great.

Friday night, Steve took Noah to a scout outing at the local minor league baseball stadium. After the game, the scouts pitched tents right on the field, watched the movie UP on the the big screen and attempted to fall asleep. From what I understand, very little sleeping occurred, but Noah and Steve came home in very good moods and had a blast. They met up with a family that we used to be really good friends with a few years ago, and I vow that we will all go as a family next year.

Meanwhile, while Steve and Noah were gone, Aaron and I had a date of our own. Nothing fancy. Aaron decided he wanted to go to Piazza Hut for dinner and then rent a movie afterward. I love one-on-one time with either of the boys. They talk so openly about such interesting things when the other one isn't there to belittle them. We still got t bed kind of late though.

Friday night overnight was rough for me. I can't believe how difficult it was to sleep with Steve and Noah gone. I didn't fall asleep until after 3 AM and the cat woke me back up at 5, looking for her men. So we were all pretty much exhausted Saturday morning.

Saturday morning dawned early. They required all scout families to be off the field by 7:30 so the boys were home early. Usually Steve is working on Saturday mornings so the morning already felt weird. After running to the grocery store and having lunch, we headed out to the public museum. Steve and Noah of course had to wear their matching scouting at the the Whitecaps shirts for the day.

We had a good timee at the museum. We have a gift membership but we haven't been in awhile. The museum was hosting a Silly Saturday with games so we kept busy with those. I had the idea of putting the big foam floor puzzle together. It took awhile to get all three of the Wheelz Boyz on board, but it only took us about fifteen minutes and we had fun going up to the top floor and looking down on the puzzle.

We also went to a planetarium show, where it took Steve approximately 15 seconds to fall asleep with full fledged SNORING throughout the entire show. That's my man!

our Sunday adventure takes a little background. We headed over to the Aquatic Center. We had wanted to go to Great Wolf Lodge this summer but the funds just weren't there so this was definitely the next best thing. The center is full is different activities with a slide, splash pool, vortex pool, cannons, diving boards, tubes pool, and of course, THE COURSE.

the reason I say it like that is because of my water obsessed Aaron. As you all know, the kid must be engulfed in water completely to feel happy. Last time we were there, we didn't let him go on the big inflatable obstacle course, simply because I was worried that he wouldn't have the swimming strength if he fell off.

Well, after another session of swimming lessons a few weeks ago, I decided I would let him try it. If he struggled then he would answer his own question and not ask again.

Needless to say, the stinker didn't struggle, and he spent about 2 and a half out of the three hours we were there on the course, over and over and over again. He was just so happy.

We really had a great time. We also found out that beginning today, the rates are dropping to half what we paid yesterday. A little disappointing, but still thinking $20 was a great price to pay for an afternoon of splashing fun. We are actually toying with the idea of doing Aaron's birthday part there this year. It would definitely be memorable for him.

So the weekend was definitely better. One of the big stressors of the Wheelz Home is trying to work itself out and the other one will work itself out before the end of next week, even though I have no idea what it will be at the moment.

This week will be one o last minute stuff to get ready for school. Also, my big excitement is going to the U of M game this Saturday with my parents. I am not sure what Steve will do with the boys all day, but I'm not going to let it spoil my excitement.

Off to laundry, I go!

Have a good Monday.

No comments: