Yup, we're home. After a large amount of deleting, I am left with about 350 pictures to sort. You are going to be subjected to vacation pictures for some time.
Remember the St. Louis blog marathon after my vacation last year? This is likely to be worse!
But in keeping with my own meme, I will start with the Weekend Top Five.
It is a bit longer, because I have spent the last two weekends, LITERALLY, in the car. The last two Saturdays, and last two Sundays have each logged 12-14 hours of car time, driving from Michigan to Florida, and back again.
So in keeping with the theme, I will share with you 10 (2 weekend top fives) moments on the road between Michigan and Florida:
1. Even in the rain, the mountains in Kentucky and Tennessee really are beautiful. I had never seen them. I have no pictures though because I was video taping them at the time.
2. After MANY hours on the road, when one takes her shoes off, it can be so smelly that one's husband who is driving will need to open all 4 windows of the van to air it out.
They look innocent enough!
3. One way to cut down on fighting in the car is to make the rule that EVERY time a brotherly squabble (aka fight) breaks out, a certain first grader will be required to complete one of the MANY homework sheets sent by his teacher
We never did get it all done.
4. When Mommy and Daddy got tired of driving, it's time to put "Man Bear" to work.
Yes, we were desperate for entertainment value with the kids after awhile
5. Both boys spent a little time with the travel Lite Brite's, even though the batteries were burned out. Believe it or not, we only found one peg on the floor when we got out.
6. After many temper tantrums from a very tired Aaron, he actually succumbed to sleep one of the four days.
7. Noah was able to pass three hours with a new leapster game
8. Aaron preferred to spend time dancing with his souvenir buddy, Pluto.
9. When given the choice, between taking a nap and reading, Noah finally gave in and started reading the chapter books I bought him for the trip.
10. When all else fails, you HAVE to break out the movies!
Notice Noah wiggling that pesky tooth that is STILL hanging
Now that Deb got Mr. Linky going again, I hope you will join up and post about your weekend.
Stay tuned for more exciting vacation adventures...