Friday, March 4, 2011

Finally...A Weekend With Something To Do

Actually, make that about a half dozen somethings to do.

We have spent so many weekends lately at home telling the boys..."No we can't go anywhere this week" that it feels nice that we have a weekend full of activities. I guess it would have been nice for some of them to spread among more than one weekend, but there will definitely be no time to sit around wondering what to do.

Tonight we have "derby trials" which we thought sounded so formal when really all it entails is taking the cars to the derby site, trying them out on the track, getting tips on how to make them faster and also getting them weighed in so we don't have to do it tomorrow. I am glad that we're going though because Steve has been hemming and hawing about this process for the entire month. The wheels are still not on the cars, nor are the weights. I am told that there are people there to help us with that stuff as well.

Then, tomorrow morning, Aaron's race is at 9AM and Noah's is at 11. I have to admit that if either boy actually wins their race it will completely mess up our entire day since the finals aren't until 1 PM. I don't think we have to worry about it though :) I let the boys pick out whatever they wanted to decorate their cars with at Michael's yesterday and they picked "jewels" so now we no longer have derby cars, we have ones that are BEDAZZLED.

Last week I won tickets on a FB contest to the Home and Garden Show. So we are going to try to do that tomorrow afternoon. I would be more excited if I was motivated to do any home improvements. But right now, facing foreclosure (Stupid Fannie Mae), it seems silly to fix up the house if the bank is going to turn around and sell it for less than half what we owe on it anyway. But the Home show is still fun to go to and walk around.

Then, the group of us that are singing an excerpt from Beethoven's Ninth at the Griffins game have a sound check at 5 Pm and the game starts at 7. It is Star Wars night at the Griffins which looks like a lot of fun and I think the boys will get a kick out of it. I looked at pictures from last year on the web page. Yes, it is going to be strange singing to such an unlikey crowd, but the symphony is hoping to create "a buzz" before their season launch on Sunday. Should be very interesting.

Then on Sunday, we will visit my parents whom have been down south for several weeks. I wish they had brought warm weather home with them, but alas, we'll just have to wait for that. Then we will be heading to my sister's for my nephew's birthday party.

By Monday morning, we will all be exhausted but we will hopefully have made a memory or two of family time. Also next week, I will be working at my new job. I am teaching music classes at Gymboree Play and Music. After I get trained on those, I will also be cross training for all of their other classes as well. It is exciting but I am getting nervous too. The girl who has been teaching these classes for the last seven years is very good and the families love her. I don't know how I can possible fill her shoes. I know it's going to take some time for the families to adjust to a new person. I just hope they all have patience with me as we go through the process.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: