Monday, February 8, 2010

I Missed A First

I know I am going to miss a lot of firsts in my children's lives. It goes with the territory of them growing up. I was not the first one to discover the first tooth (babysitter). I was not at home home when Noah lost his first tooth (Steve). I know there are a whole bunch of others that I can't remember right now that I've forgotten.

Heck, I'm not even the first girl in my son's life anymore (K at school holds THAT distinction)

And this weekend I missed yet another one. Steve took the boys to his brother's "lake house" on Saturday for a day of outside fun with daddies and kids. It was made VERY clear that moms were not invited. So Steve packed the boys up Saturday morning and headed out.

They got home around 9 in the evening. Both boys were half asleep and bee lined straight to bed so I didn't get to hear about the day. Steve was tired and didn't feel like talking either so he went straight to the computer to veg. And I was left to wonder what kind of day they had had.

The next morning, I was finally able to look at some pictures that Steve had captured on his cell phone (he doesn't like using my camera so I hadn't even sent it with him). It sounds like the day was filled with many ups and downs, which I pretty much expected.

But the highlight of the day seems to be ice skating.

I have taken Noah ROLLER skating numerous times, both for birthday parties and by ourselves and he is getting quite good.

They had extra skates lying around the house that someone decided to have Noah give a try. They started out pushing chairs around the ice.














But I guess Noah turned away from that quickly and ventured off on his own.


He just looks so small to me in this picture











After awhile, he even started playing ice hockey with some other people.













Noah has always been very good physically, but isn't really interested in organized sports much. We have tried soccer, swimming (which will continue because of safety reasons), self defense, gymnastics, and baseball. Although we will do little league again this spring (since Aaron can play this year too), there really isn't anything that he LOVES to do. Which is fine with me . But I am glad that he is out trying new things and finding success when he does.

You may ask where Aaron was this whole time...


Yup, puzzles and books











So I missed Noah's first time ice skating. I was glad Steve took pictures and I'm glad that he was able to find something fun to do during their day away. And even better, now we have one more thing that we can go do together on our "date days".

1 comment:

Stacey,momof 2 said...

I am so glad that your hubby got some pictures of that first-- :)

how did you manage to get the pictures on the blog and in a decent size? I have yet to figure that out!