Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day (Updated at the bottom)

So as I sit here, Noah has now been sent off to school for his first day of second grade. This day is being met with uncertainty for me. I have not brought my blog friends along for the ride on this one, and facebook friends just a little bit. But long story short, in the last week, I have been flip flopping between switching Noah to Aaron's school or leaving him where he is. I am not going to go into details, but it has become an incessant discussion in our household

He does not want to, I really don't want to switch him, but in the long run it is probably the right thing to do.



So when I sent Noah off to school (old school) this morning, he didn't ask a single time about whether he was going to switch and I didn't mention it either. We went ahead with the usual first day moments:


Sitting on the front step with his brother













Standing at his locker




















Standing at his desk










And even standing with his teacher ( who is one of the biggest reasons I DON'T want to switch him. She is so sweet)

















But I will find out in a couple of hours if there is a spot for him at Aaron's school and then I'll have to be prepared to make the decision final. There are so many factors.

At this moment though, Noah has successfully started his first day and I get to repeat the whole ordeal again in three hours when we send Aaron off to HIS first day of school.

Of course, then I get to come home and spend my first "kid-free" hours cleaning out the refrigerator to find the stinky smell in our kitchen. Such is life.

I'll let you know what we decide as soon as I know.

UPDATE:
I hope every one's having a great first day back.
The verdict is in. there weren't any no-shows in second grade at Aaron's school this year so Noah will get to stay where he is. He is going to be so happy and I am glad that this decision is finally made. Now off to go clean the fridge.

A few pictures of the big Almost Five Year Old and his first day of Young Fives (which from now on we're just calling kindergarten...it's just easier)


His ready pose on the front step

















Eating yummy special lunch with mommy at his favorite restaurant, Mr. Burger


He ate it all and asked for my sausage too











Standing outside the classroom waiting to be let in



















Sitting at his desk, hardly able to contain all of his excitement.











My biggest worry about him this year: What to do all morning every morning while he's waiting to go. He asked every five minutes ALL MORNING if it was time to go yet.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Oh I've been thinking about you this morning and wondering what you decided. Good luck!! And I hope that Aaron has a wonderful first day of Young Fives too!

Enjoying my kid-free morning at the moment since I took Becca to daycare... :)

Courtney said...

I hope both boys do well at school and praying for peace about your decision.

Stacey,momof 2 said...

A mom's life is always full isn't it?
my kids go back tomorrow,and I am hoping that I can get used to the quiet that I will have while they are gone.
I am hoping that I can re-charge while they are away and also get some stuff done.
Good luck with your decision!

Unknown said...

You do what feels right to you and what is best for him. Huge hugs to you!!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

It sounds like everything worked out for the best. I'm glad you're happy with the outcome.

The boys look so cute. I hope they have a great year.

Deb said...

I love seeing Aaron in his backpack and all ready for school - he looks so big!!!