I know we have all seen the list of these around, but when my hubby emailed these to me the other day, there were some I had never seen before and I got a giggle.
1. The sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on the Water."
The sermon tonight: "Searching for Jesus."
2. Announcement in a church bulletin for a national PRAYER & FASTING Conference: "The cost for attending the Fasting and Prayer conference includes meals."
3. Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking tonight at Calvary Methodist. Come hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
* Favorite * 4. Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.
5. The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.
6. The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours."
7. Our next song is "Angels We Have Heard Get High."
8. Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
9. This evening at 7 pm there will be a hymn sing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
10. Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.
11. The Lutheran men's group will meet at 6 pm. Steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, bread and dessert will be served for a nominal feel.
12. "Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Don't forget your husbands."
13. Miss Charlene Mason sang "I will not pass this way again", giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
Have a great Thursday!