Friday, April 24, 2009

Saturday Review: Kaboom website

I love it when I am asked to do reviews for products that really seem to be beneficial to me. And this one was cool. It's a website designed to list play spaces throughout the country for kids.

They are trying to build a database of 100.000 playspaces in 100 days. At the time I write this, they are at 12,299 playspaces listed with 68 days to go. They need a lot of help.

Here is what I know:
KaBOOM!, a non-profit organization dedicated to finding and creating play spaces within walking distance for every child, has embarked on a nationwide mission to help communities build playspaces. This proves critical for those many children living in neighborhoods without playgrounds or playspaces, or unable to use existing ones because of rundown conditions or dangerous neighborhoods.

For every play space entered into the KaBOOM! database on behalf of the Mom Central team, $1 will be donated to Jumpstart, a non-profit that brings at-risk preschool children and caring adults together to improve literacy. It's something to feel doubly good about!

I had fun looking at which parks around us were listed and even added several myself. I think it's cool that it is nationwide so if we go on vacation somewhere, we could look on the website and find a fun place to play. I strongly encourage you to visit the Kaboom website and check it out

.
I actually discovered a few around our home that I didn't know about, and we have been in this house for seven years.

And if you add another one, you can know that you also made a donation to a worthy cause.

This review was written on behalf of Mom Central

No comments: