After boring my readers endlessly for a couple of months with trip preparations, it is finally here! We leave in less than 48 hours. It's days like this that I wish I had left Aaron in preschool just so I could get all this last minute stuff done in peace.
Here are 13 things that I still have yet to do before we leave at 4:30 Saturday morning.
1. Wash underwear and socks and pack them...it's the only thing left to pack
2. Eat all of the food in the fridge so it doesn't go bad over
3. Get batteries for camera and various electronic items for the drive
4. Set the lights on timers
5. Buy drinks for the parks...I think I'll wait until I get down there to avoid bottle return fees
6. Find possible overnight hotels for the way down
7. Decided which route to follow: Google maps, map quest, or Garmin navigator
8. Make a second pillow case for the body pillows I got the boys for the car (I refuse to pay $10 apiece for store bought ones)
9. Put the dutch oven, skillet, strainer, and other various kitchen appliances in a big tub for the condo
10. Write blog posts to automatically show each day while I'm gone
11. Go to Noah's school to pick up all of the homework for the next week while we're gone
12. Lose 20 pounds (okay, so that's not going to happen but one can only dream
13. Sleep soundly with happy dreams of the memories we're going to make
Now I will stop blogging and go get stuff done.
(Look, Mr. Linky is back...Thanks Deb!)