Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Photo Story: A Letter in the Mail

As I mentioned on Monday, I have jumped back into the world of facebook. I have learned from my mistakes, and with ignoring ALL applications and only writing light hearted updates, I was able to reconnect with people in my long lost past.

I didn't have a lot of friends in high school, but several of the ones that I did hang out with have found me on facebook, and it was fun getting to know them. They were one of the reasons I was sorry to leave facebook.

One of my friends, a SUPER sweet girl, is a pediatrician in California now and takes her two girls to Disneyland often. She LOVES the place and decided to do something for my boys to pep them up for our trip.

So yesterday, the boys received a postcard.














On the inside, "Mickey" had written a letter to the boys telling them how excited he was to see them.



















Isn't that the sweetest idea? This girl was a sweetheart in high school, and she still is to this day. I don't think I'll ever see her in real life again, but it was very neat to reconnect with her and I was honored that she thought of a small special thing to send my boys.

Have a great weekend. We leave tomorrow morning before you wake up, so I will have autoposts next week. I hope you enjoy them. I think his will be a good lesson for me to be without my computer for the whole week.

See you on the 23rd.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys are having an awesome time. That is SSSOOO sweet of her

bethn said...

Have a great time! We'll be thinking of you.

Shana W. said...

What a nice thing for her to do. I bet the boys are SO excited, you too! :o) Have fun and I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about your trip.

And I hope that the box made up for not getting your winnings from the other company. I am still very sorry about that. I know I won't be working with them again. :(

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

What an extremely thoughtful gesture. You are so blessed to have found this friend again.

Praying for a safe trip!
xoxo, Veronica in CA

Anonymous said...

Aww, that is very sweet!

I love facebook.

Courtney said...

How sweet! I wish someone would do that for my girls. I'm sure they were so excited. Have fun & I hope your trip is a safe one.