I am cheap. No question about it. I need to save a buck wherever I can. But from experience I have learned that there are places you can and place you absolutely CANNOT go generic. Here are thirteen things that I will NOT go generic.
1. Cat Litter (Fresh Step, all the rest leave too much residue)
2. Macaroni and Cheese (Kraft deluxe)
3. Maxi Pads (Always with wings)
4. Deodorant (courtesy of my husband...he says generic falls apart)
5. Canned Vegetables (generic have yucky hard pieces)
6. Canned fruit (generic is too stringy)
7. Toilet Paper (Scott's 1-ply is the only one that doesn't clog out toilet)
8. Jelly (Smuckers Squeeze is the only low sugar one that has no red dye)
9. Peanut Butter (Jif is the easiest to spread on bread)
10. Yogurt (Yoplait Kids or Dannon Light and Fit are the only ones that have no red dye and are low in sugar)
11. Quaker Granola bars (the generic don't have low sugar versions)
12. Diet Soda (generics just tastes icky)
13. Pull Ups (Aaron has a big bladder at night)
Do you agree. Do you have others that I didn't list that need honorable mentions?
Thanks to Jenn at My Kids Are My World for doing this T13 post last week on new T13 headers.