Sunday, November 8, 2009

No Picture Weekend

I have no pictures to share with you from our weekend. You wanna know why?

Because Indian Summer hit West Michigan this weekend and we spent literally the entire weekend outside. You could not have asked for a more beautiful weekend.

Thursday was Noah' conference. It went much better than I expected. He is doing great for the most part. He's showing lots of growth of maturity since the beginning of the year. I was surprised at how much they are stepping up the curriculum from here on out. They will actually be starting cursive writing and multiplication soon. I didn't realize all that started in second grade. But I was very proud of him and told him so. He was on cloud nine.

As reward for a good conference, I let the boys have a "sleepover" upstairs in Aaron's room. I was pretty sure that I would be moving them, but I put them to bed super early to give them a chance to talk and giggle for awhile before falling asleep. Twenty minutes after the initial night night hugs and kisses, Noah was begging Aaron to be quiet so he could go to sleep and by quarter to eight, they were both out. My kind of sleep over.

On Friday, both boys had school off. We had planned to go do something, but the day just kind of got away from us and we stayed home and played games all day. As soon as Steve got home, I headed out to finish Christmas shopping with Deb. It was a fun (and much needed) night out.

Saturday greeted us with amazingly warm weather and two little boys in very good moods. After I gave the boys their allowance for the week Noah was anxious to go buy a toy he had wanted. So after I taught a piano lesson and also Noah's lesson, we headed to get the toy. Steve and Aaron went on their own adventure. By noon, we were home with two very happy little boys, and we played outside ALL DAY. The neighbor kids joined in and I actually convinced the neighbor boy to take his training wheels off his bike and taught him how to rise a two wheeler.

Meanwhile, I spent about two hours hanging adhesive hooks and Christmas lights around both front windows and the door. I felt quite accomplished.

Sunday had some extremely difficult moments at church that need to be dealt with in a possibly not good result this week. But after we got home, it was another awesome day outside. Since many of the lights had fallen, I rehung them using a different kind of clip. Another couple of hours spent on a ladder, but mostly I just spent the day sitting outside enjoying the beautiful day. They are numbered before the snow starts flying around here.

As if you can't tell, I am feeling really good about this weekend. I love it when we can get the boys doing well and all really just enjoy each other, like we did this weekend. Maybe I should have taken some picture this weekend to have them to remember when things get difficult again.

Or maybe I'll just keep them fresh in my memory and use the picture in my mind.

2 comments:

bethn said...

It sounds like a fabulous weekend. Sometimes no camera time is very relaxing. Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an awesome weekend!