Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday: Noah's Bedroom AGAIN

Yes, I am quite the glutton for punishment. With the kitchen cabinet MOSTLY done, did I take a break from home improvement mode? NOOO

Noah's room has been a source of contention for me for awhile now. It has gone through many designs.

It started as a cute little light blue nursery with painted animals on the wall.




Then, it turned into a little boys room with white on top, blue on the bottom, and a border through the middle of diggers and other construction trucks.










But then two little boys started peeling away at the border during nap times and bedtimes and it finally just came off.

So I had registered through Glidden to receive a free quart of paint. Just enough to paint a border of red around the room to make the room a little more mature looking, but also more versatile as his styles and ideas change for what he want his room to be like. Unfortunately, once again (you'd think I would learn a lesson) I didn't prime first since I thought it would go on pretty thick and I ended up with even more color variances.





After a run to the store to buy one quart of red paint, I did it. It is colored enough that you wouldn't notice the old line (unless you knew it was there, which I always will see first thing).










So I did this all while home alone with Aaron and Noah.

The week had been HORRIBLE with the boys fighting and I just needed to take a break from them.

Noah has decided that now that he is seven, he needs to HELP with every fix it project around the house.

So while Aaron was up in his room throwing what ended up being a three hour temper tantrum about picking up his room, I set Noah to work.

I let him unscrew all of the nails from the wall that was going to be painted, and then I wondered if he really could handle a bigger task.

The kid never ceases to amaze me.

I gave him some spackle and he set right out filling EVERY SINGLE hole in the doorway and in the hallways (which will be my next painting tackle, hopefully soon). I only had to show him a few times how to scare the left over spackle off the walls. He needed quite a few reminders to take his time and not rush through the job, but I have to say that I really was impressed with how well he did and I am actually thrilled that I can put him to work on projects around the house.
















Wonder what room will be painted next? You'll just have to stay tuned...

2 comments:

Stacey,momof 2 said...

you are amazing... WOW!

bethn said...

It looks fabulous! Very grown up!

Good work spackling Noah!