Noah got off to a bit of a shaky start at the beginning of little league, but once he got the hang of what to do in the field, he did great. His last couple of weeks he stayed completely in the game even while fielding, and caught his first pop fly last night. His expression after he caught it was of complete shock and surprise.
And believe it or not, he even wants to play again next year.
So in honor of the first season of little league being complete, here are 13 of my favorite shots from this season.
1. I was impressed that he actually listened to and followed the coach's instructions about how to hit.
2. Here he is catching his first (and only) pop fly. He was as surprised as everyone else.
3. After begging to play catcher, it took awhile getting used to how fast the ball came flying at him.
4. Not sure what this expression is, but he had lots of silly expressions throughout the games
5. One of his better moments of keeping focused on the game while in the outfield.
6. Is this baseball or ballet (the pointed foot)
7. Noah had some great facial expressions when he hit the ball
8. By the last night, he was starting to get how to tag people out when they ran home.
9. Thumbs up!
10. I think he's actually smiling while he's running the bases.
11. He had a tendency to bounce onto each base, rather than run through like he was supposed to.
12. Luckily, the tendency to draw in the dirt started to go away after the first few games.
13. Here's the proud ball player with his medal.
I can't wait until next year when Aaron can join him on the ball field. They're growing up so fast.