Wednesday, February 11, 2009

UUUGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Just when you think a break is coming....

Gotcha!

Our State of Michigan tax refund is coming into our account in 3 and a half hours. Do I get to go pay bills and buy groceries?

Nope!

Wanna know why?















Thank you Mr. Pothole on the way home from church tonight.

I know, want some cheese with my whine?

I am fuming because we JUST canceled our roadside assistance that would have come out and put a spare on for me to get me to the store to spend my much needed refund on a stupid new tire instead of groceries. Now Steve is out singing and I am here by myself trying to figure out what to do about getting Noah to school tomorrow, getting groceries, getting the spare tire on (I don't even know where it is at the moment, or if we even have one), getting the new tire installed and paid for, getting brownies baked for Noah's party tomorrow, and making it to his school for his valentine party. Oh, and getting it all done by 3:30 to make it to work since Steve will be gone all day and night tomorrow performing singing valentines for other women who probably are leading real lives.

I am sorry to vent but I just want to scream.

A special woman whom I have come to know through my blog just commented and reminded me to keep focused on the bright side. Thanks again Veronica for lifting me up. You always know how to keep me grounded when I start to falter. I am extremely lucky that it happened close to home and we were able to make it home without being stranded.

8 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

I will be praying for you. I also was expecting my tax refund in a few short hours yesterday when my brakes went out on the car...so, yes, the tax refund is in the bank, but part of it will go to fix those brakes, rotors, etc. God does want us to look on the bright side...someone could have gotten hurt, but instead, God kept us safe and he provided the cash just in time otherwise, we wouldn't have had it to pay for the car getting fixed. So, see, it will all work out, Sister. It will...just focus on the Lord and trust.

xoxo, Veronica in CA

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I'm sorry! It seems like you guys just can't get a break sometimes. I hope you get things worked out. **HUGS**

bethn said...

OH No! I"m sorry it was rough. I hope you get it all figured out for tomorrow.

Deb said...

Hey, I've got the morning free with Becca at daycare - do you need a ride anywhere? What time does Noah need to be at school? I can be at your disposal if you need anything. :)

Thank you for loaning Steve to Ron for a few hours tonight - he really needed to talk to someone who understands work stuff. I meant to give you a call, but fell asleep just about as soon as Ron left.

Mom Knows Everything said...

We won't get our refund for a couple of more weeks and it's all going toward bills. At least they'll be finally all caught up....at least I hope so.

Courtney said...

I see that Deb has offerred to help you out. Thank God for good friends. See, it'll all be okay, you'll get there.

Nina said...

Don't stress... you will do it, us mom's always do. LOL.

That does stink on the flat tire. I have had two flats in my life, one while in college and one a couple years ago on my way to church. The college one I had this inflatable stuff in my trunk that I blew into the tire and it was a temp fix that got me to the tire store to buy a new tire.

Stacey,momof 2 said...

We got our taxes bakc also-- and thne had to give a good portion of them to the orthadontist!
---ah, well my daughter will have a pretty mouth when she is older!