My sister in law and I are in full swing for planning this trip to Florida in a few weeks. She found a very fun website that I spent WAY too much time on the other night. The site is
The Mouse For Less.com
It has a ton of stuff for planning, while you're at the park, memories, and other stuff that will be extremely useful.
One of the most fun things was an extremely detailed list for packing for any possible situation you encounter on your vacation. There are separate lists for packing for your suitcase, car, kitchen, miscellaneous, theme parks, water parks/pool, and emergency, as well as a list of things to do do to secure your home before you go.
There is quite a lot of overlap, but for me, it is perfect since I tend to forget stuff when I pack.
It was a fun list to read and I know it will come in handy. The fun thing was that there were things that made perfect sense but caught me off guard.
Here are 13 surprising but sensible things from the Disney packing list at themouseforless.com.
1. Fanny packs Does anyone use these anymore? I think we'll go with small backpacks instead
2. Pennies for Pressers I always wanted these but I would have never thought to pack a roll of pennies for them
3. Ear Plugs My sister in law mentioned these a few weeks ago for Aaron and I think it's a great idea for my sensitive little boy
4. Walkie Talkies I am using this item as a reminder to check to see if our cell phones will have service while we're down there
5. Zip Lock Baggies A perfect item for so many reasons but I wouldn't have though to pack them. Right now I think it may be to save either of Noah's front teeth that may come out while we're there.
6. Plug In Night Light Another thing I wouldn't have thought of but definitely a good thing for the boys' room at the condo
7. 17 different items listed for pain relief of different sorts Won't ibuprofen and benadryl pretty much cover any ailment?
8. Moleskin Never would have thought of it, but another great idea with all the walking we'll be doing
9. Seasonings Yes, we're planning to do some cooking, but I figure it will be of the mac and cheese variety, not gourmet meals. I think we'll leave that one home
10. Sunscreen in 5 different forms I think a couple of cans of the spray lotion should do the trick. Everyone in my family but me is bald so we can just spray their whole heads and we're good
11. Sunglasses in a large variety I think "kids sunglasses with straps" and "cheap sunglasses with straps" could be listed as one item to pack. Anything I buy for the kids are cheap because they'll probably be lost by the end of the week anyway.
12. Insect repellent I probably wouldn't have though of it but it will probably be a good idea the night we're out late
13. Car Window Screens Another one I wouldn't have thought of, but when Aaron and I were in the car yesterday, he couldn't see his leapster screen because of the sun, so now I will definitely have that on my shopping list.
I encourage you to go check out this site if you will be visiting Disney or go check out these lists for help in any upcoming vacation you have.
By the way, if you have other items that you think I may need but might now think of, feel free to let me know. I really need all the help I can get.
Have a great Thursday.