Noah went back to school on Monday and had to write in his journal about what he did on Christmas vacation. I came home from dropping him off that same morning and took one look around the house. What I saw was a huge list of the things I DIDN'T do over Christmas vacation that all needed doing in the three hours that Aaron was at preschool the first morning back.
Here are some things that I did not get done:
1. Putting Receipts into the checkbook (no overdraws though, thankfully)
2. Mailing Christmas cards addressed but never sent (did anyone notice?)
3. Recycle the newspapers
4. Aaron's preschool homework (I found while piling up the newspapers above)
5. Christmas portrait of the boys (This is last year's still on the wall)
6. Taking books back to the library
7. Clearing snow from the driveway (actually it's all ice now)
8. Unpacking after our trip to Chicago last weekend
9. Returning lights that I bought after Christmas that didn't work (now it's too late)
10. Teaching Noah some new songs on the piano (we're all getting sick of Old McDonald)
11. Taking down the rest of the Christmas decorations (I think we'll just leave them up)
12. Paint the living room and hallway (my goal for Spring Break at the moment)
13. Laundry (Actually I did it, but it piled up so much faster while everyone was home all day every day, or maybe it's just that I didn't keep up with it as much)
So you must all think that I failed miserably as a housewife this holiday.
You know why it was all worth it?