Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: What I DIDN'T Do During Christmas Vacation

Noah went back to school on Monday and had to write in his journal about what he did on Christmas vacation. I came home from dropping him off that same morning and took one look around the house. What I saw was a huge list of the things I DIDN'T do over Christmas vacation that all needed doing in the three hours that Aaron was at preschool the first morning back.

Here are some things that I did not get done:

1. Putting Receipts into the checkbook (no overdraws though, thankfully)














2. Mailing Christmas cards addressed but never sent (did anyone notice?)














3. Recycle the newspapers














4. Aaron's preschool homework (I found while piling up the newspapers above)














5. Christmas portrait of the boys (This is last year's still on the wall)



















6. Taking books back to the library














7. Clearing snow from the driveway (actually it's all ice now)














8. Unpacking after our trip to Chicago last weekend














9. Returning lights that I bought after Christmas that didn't work (now it's too late)



















10. Teaching Noah some new songs on the piano (we're all getting sick of Old McDonald)














11. Taking down the rest of the Christmas decorations (I think we'll just leave them up)














12. Paint the living room and hallway (my goal for Spring Break at the moment)














13. Laundry (Actually I did it, but it piled up so much faster while everyone was home all day every day, or maybe it's just that I didn't keep up with it as much)














So you must all think that I failed miserably as a housewife this holiday.

You know why it was all worth it?



















Happy Thursday



5 comments:

Deb said...

Ah, but your boys will remember everything that you DID do over Christmas break. :)

Courtney said...

My laundry is still piled up too. But, Mike has been home with us, so why do I want to catch up on laundry? It'll still be there this weekend and next week and so far we still have clean clothes.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I have to wallpaper Aidan's bedroom on Spring Break. I have to find some Thomas the Tank Engine wallpaper first though.

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

I love, love, love Deb Mom of 3 girls comment...can I ditto it??

You are a great Mom and wife and it shows in those boys smiles!

xoxo, Veronica in CA

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Oh good, I'm not alone! Are we supposed to get pictures of our kids every year? Oops. I finally got my Christmas decorations down yesterday. I was so proud of myself. I remembered everything. Then I went upstairs and saw the garland on the handrail. It's still there. Who knows when it will come down.