Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back To School

It's that time again. Back to school after two weeks home. Before school got out, one of my sons had started getting in trouble on almost a daily basis and the other was having hourly screaming fits.

I had hopes that two weeks at home would straighten them up. My hopes are still here. One son has become much more obedient and less mouthy, and the other one has stopped his screaming fits and "na-na-na-boo-boos".

Now that both of them are "fixed", I actually have to send them back to the establishments that create these problems. It is creating much angst in my mind and heart.

As far as Noah is concerned, I know he can behave and he learns so much and has a great teacher that I can only hope he will try harder. But as for preschool for Aaron, if the problems start up again, I have made the decision to pull him for now. It is not a decision I make lightly, but one I think may be in his best interest. I have not shared with you all of the problems with this preschool, but it has not been the best place for him to be and the reasons for sending him there no longer exist. I guess we will see how this week goes.

The boys have spent these two weeks learning how to sleep in for the first time in their lives. Now I have to start getting them up to an alarm WAY too early again, rushing them through breakfast that they don't want to eat, rushing out the door into cold snow that they don't want to feel, stressing about behavior that they are stressing about enough already, and dealing with teachers who look down on me if I happen to forget a backpack once in awhile.

So, because I am SOOOO stressed about tomorrow, I will now take a chance to remember the wonderful memories of Christmas vacation and try to savor them for awhile.

Snow day on the last day of school, starting vacation one day early
Several trips to the children's museum
Family trip to the Public Museum
Noah's first visit to a planetarium
Craft day with friends
Play date with friends from church
Christmas Eve at church with Noah reading while lighting the advent candles
Christmas Day making two little boys VERY happy
Successful bell performance with GR Symphony members
Homemade New Year's Party
Trip to Chicago to play with cousins

Yup, it was a good time for being together. Now only 10 weeks until we leave for Disney World. And if you notice, I have added the tickers for Spring Break and Summer Vacation....but who's counting?

4 comments:

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I hope all your worries will be unrealized and both Aaron and Noah have a great second half to the school year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

www.frogparenting.blogspot.com said...

I am also worried about sending my son back to school--
My daughter is doing just fine, her teacher and I seem to communicate really well--
But my son's teacher is just not a very willing, flexible person.I am still thinking of requesting a switch of teachers, but I am waiting to see what the "behavior plan" will look like first.
I have been and will be praying about this --I'll add you and yours to my prayers!
To quote a worship song I enjoy
"Savior, author of Salvation,My God is mighty to save,he is mighty to save, he can move the Mountains."

If anyone can move these teachers, HE can!

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Way to be optimistic, Kristi!!

I will say a prayer that God reveal himself on what HE would have you do with Noah. It will all work out when you place it in His hands!

xoxo, Veronica in CA

bethn said...

OH my friend, I"m sorry you've been stressing lately. As always I'll say you know what's best for your kids and you will make the right decision. I'll be thinking of you and sending you happy thoughts.

Me, I can't wait for school to start tomorrow and get those kids busy again.