Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Looking Ahead

I just have to blog about my worries. I often read the blog of our local weatherman Bill Steffen when a big storm is expected. We're in the little circle of red in Michigan. And Guess what I just read?

They even had a 10% chance of 12″+ north of GRR for the Thurs. night storm. Click to see the 120-hour total snowfall from the GFS model and the 84-hour total snowfall from the NAM model (note because the NAM is only 84-hours, it will have less snow than the GFS, which goes out 36 more hours). Here’s a wider view of expected snow. Get the plows and shovels ready…and get set for some possible school closings on Friday!

Is he serious? Will the last day before Christmas vacation be cancelled? No parties, presents, etc? Will the kids be bummed or thrilled? Will I? Already this year, they have predicted storms that have not developed. Should be an interesting week.

Stay tuned...



7 comments:

ya ya's mom said...

i teach in portland, oregon. it's really cold and we got some snow on sunday. no school monday and today is a late start. we're supposed to get more snow tomorrow....i'm sending home my christmas gifties with my first graders today, along with their gift for parents. just in case...

Shannon Donley said...

I have friends in Portland....
Anyway, I hope they have a snow day on Friday. Patrick's class is doing Pajama DAy tomorrow, party on Thursday and caroling at Lloyd's Bayou retirement village on Friday. Not that I don't want him to go caroling but they are taking AM and PM and the full day Kindergartners! Good Grief!

Courtney said...

Based on the map above it looks like it will miss us. I am happy about that. I still have to work regardless of road conditions!

Unknown said...

We are getting massive amounts of rain here and they are expecting 25 inches of snow in Flagstaff (north of us). I hope your kids still get their parties. Be safe and stay warm!

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

OOOHHH, guess I won't be complaining about our CA weather after reading this.

I get all excited when we get a sprinkle of rain!

xoxo, Veronica in CA

MomOf4 said...

I hope the snow misses you guys! The last days before Christmas break are always so much fun. I hope your kids do not have to miss them!

Deb said...

I'm a bit worried too - guess we'll just have to wait and see. We've now had to add 'watching the news' to our list of things to do in the morning since Abby needs to check every day if there's school. :)