It's no secret. Our kitten Pumpkin is driving us crazy. He is unusually pushy. Rather than sitting nicely on our laps, most of the time he has the need to climb and stick his yucky, I mean wet, nose on your chin or neck. He is driving older sister Minnie nuts too.
He feels the need to always be in the center of whatever action is happening. Minnie has learned to stay out of the way, but not Pumpkin. So much so that Pumpkin got banished to the bedroom during Aaron's birthday party Sunday, while Minnie sat in a corner and watched the entire event.
1. It started the very first day we brought him home...snuggled into Noah's lap.
2. In the present box as Aaron opened his birthday gifts
3. Being involved in bedtime stories
4. On Grandma's lap during a birthday party
5. Wrapped up cozy warm by Aaron
6. He doesn't even just reserve it immediate family members. He took a snuggle with Cousin Kira
7. And took a nap with mommy
But his most common activity is to follow Minnie around everywhere she goes.
8. The computer desk
9. Wishing that Minnie would give him his bed back
10. Sleeping with Noah
11. Fighting over the furnace the minute it is turned on for the first time this fall
12. Even following to the facilities
Of course, Minnie doesn't always like a tag along little brother
13. I'm not sure if this is a hug or a fight, but it is the most common position of these two cats lately.
In all reality, Pumpkin is a very sweet kitty, but he really is driving us insane. The struggle comes with the fact that Noah absolutely loves him. I can't imagine the kind of irreparable damage we would create if Pumpkin went to live somewhere else.
So I guess he can stay. But I really wish he'd leave our necks alone!
Thursday Thirteen is my favorite meme of the week so feel free to let me know if you are participating this week so I can visit you by signing Mr. Linky below.